Friday, November 30, 2007

Return to the waterfall

We were set on getting to the top of the waterfall, so we struck out on our motorbikes once again. When we arrived at the waterfall's parking lot, there were only a few motorbikes. Without any screwing around, it took us about 2.5 hours to climb to the top. No one had come up here for sometime, as we were constantly walking through spiderwebs. We ran into a few crabs on the way, which were this remarkable blue/purple color. Along the way, I had two nice falls on the wet rocks - one on my left hip and another on my wrist.

Our friends had moved to another bungalow on the south coast of the island, to position themselves better for the upcoming half moon party. We stopped by their new place to say hello and eat. I narrowly avoided the 'happy shake', not knowing what it was. After learning the ingredients, the last thing that I needed was to be on a motorbike while tripping on shrooms. While we were eating lunch, the skies opened and the rain down poured for a couple of hours. This would be the only serious rain that I encountered during my entire holiday in Southeast Asia.

After a few more hours of riding around on the motorbikes & visiting temples, it was back to the Ko Ma restaurant for my final dinner on Koh Pha Ngan. Tomorrow we would be leaving for Vientiane, Laos.

No comments: