Sunday, December 16, 2007

Laying low in Luang Prabang

I woke up at 7:30a, feeling slightly better. I dared not venture too far from the guest house today, but we needed to check out and switch places. We ended up going back to Silichith; and we had the same room. I worked up the courage late in the afternoon to go with James to Phousi market in search of machetes and bamboo holders. We strategically made our way over there, stopping at cafes to have a drink and use their toilet. I ate some food in the early afternoon, and I was able to keep it down so I knew the medication was working. We had to fly to Siem Reap the next morning, and I didn't want to travel being ill on a plane that didn't have a toilet.

I spent the remainder of the day not doing too much. I went to buy souvenirs before we had dinner, as I knew this would be one of the last places to buy some Beer Lao paraphernalia. I had some dinner & then went to sleep.

No comments: